RESOLUTE session at the ITTS conference
For the first time, we presented the RESOLUTE consortium and the intended scope of our work to the wider scientific community. This happened during a dedicated session titled “RESOLUTE: an academic-industry IMI partnership to tackle SLCs” at the Inaugural Conference of the International Transmembrane Transporter Society (ITTS) in Vienna. The RESOLUTE session was a great success: there was a large audience that showed a lot of interest and was keen on giving feedback and engage in discussions with the speakers and other RESOLUTE consortium members.
It is clear that our systematic approach to unlock the SLC family of transport proteins will provide novel in-depth knowledge on SLCs that will pave the way for new avenues of basic research in biology that should extend beyond the scope of RESOLUTE.
The RESOLUTE speakers and talks were as follows:
- Giulio Superti-Furga (CeMM, Austria): RESOLUTE: Research empowerment on solute carriers
- Claire Steppan (Pfizer, USA): SLCs and drug discovery - a pharma perspective
- Daniel Lackner (CeMM, Austria): A deorphanization pipeline for SLCs
- Daniela Digles (University of Vienna, Austria): RESOLUTE databases and tools for the scientific community
- Katharina L. Duerr (University of Oxford, UK): Harnessing the SGC integral membrane pipeline for solute carrier protein production